Mercer Residential Services Endowment Fund
The endowment fund was established through the Mercer County Civic Foundation in 2004. The purpose is to provide increased opportunities for community involvement for clients and residents, and to improve the quality of life of the individuals served by Mercer Residential Services (MRSI). The mission of MRSI is to provide quality and affordable housing and support services for people with intellectual or emotional disabilities in the community.
MRSI owns eighteen efficiency apartments and a duplex apartment for families that provide housing for people with mental health issues. MRSI also operates two eight bed group homes a drop-in center, and provides community support services for over sixty people with intellectual disabilities in Auglaize, Mercer, and Van Wert Counties. Ways in which you can make a gift to MRSI include:
MRSI Inc.'s funding comes from state, federal and local sources. However, these funds do not provide many things needed by the people we serve. From clothing and birthday gifts to handicapped accessible equipment to free services, the endowment and its supporters are there to provide needed programs, projects and personnel. The endowment fund helps ensure that MRSI’s high-quality services will continue in an era of uncertain government funding. Private donations of all kinds are critically important to MRSI's future. So whether you'd like to volunteer some time or make a financial donation, we would like to talk to you about how your gifts can benefit the lives of those with intellectual disabilities or mental illness. Please contact us at 419-586-4709 to learn more about how you can help.
- Cash or Check — Checks may be made payable to Mercer County Foundation
- Credit Card — MRSI accepts VISA and MasterCard.
- Matching Gifts — Many employers offer matching gift programs. If you are making a gift, check with your employer to determine if your gift qualifies for a company match.
- Memorials — Donors can designate their gift as a tribute or memorial.
- Annuities — MRSI can be named as the beneficiary on the policy.
- Appreciated Securities — Stocks and bonds.
- Bequests — Name MRSI in your will.
- Life Insurance — MRSI can be named as the beneficiary on the policy.
- Personal Property — Jewelry, collections, artworks and other personal property may be given as a gift. An authorized appraisal of the contributed property is always recommended.